It really should be the right to get out of the way. You have a designated space to cross for store entry and exit, use it wisely.
- Traverse diagonally
- Use your stroller as a roadblock to stop cars.
- Walk out in front of a car or assume no one is coming
- Leave your toddler in the crosswalk and tell them to hurry up
- Stop in the crosswalk and check your receipt or look for your car
- Speed up to make a car stop if they are already in the crosswalk
- Hit the back of my car with your cane or walker
These are just a few tips that should make your entry into your favorite store a successful one rather than a trip to the ER.