How do you coach your child in swim from the sidelines? It’s easy, here are a few tips.
- Tell them to dive, what other way to enter the pool?
- Scream at them to “Go, pull, stroke” while they are coming up for air.
- Tell them to swim fast
- Tell them to swim hard
- Point out their mistakes as soon as they exit the water
- If they won first place, make sure they beat their previous time. Otherwise, tell them what they did wrong
- If they won first place and beat their previous time, point out their mistakes so they know to improve.
As you can see it’s pretty easy to coach from the sidelines for swim as well. If your kids aren’t crying or cracking under the pressure then you aren’t doing your job.
Also, see How to coach baseball/softball