I’ve actually only flown first class once in my life. I was booking a client trip and saw that one of the legs was cheaper if I booked first class. I saved the client $200 on airfare by doing so. However, when my expense report was turned in to the client it was rejected because I didn’t book an economy flight. Common sense < Business sense.
However here are a few tips if you do get to fly first class.
- Stand in the ultra-premium sky priority lane upon arrival at the gate, this lets others know you are first class
- As you pass the attendant get that Jack and Coke drink order started.
- Here you have a few options
- Pretend to be in such a relaxed mode that you can barely keep your eyes open.
- Crack open the laptop and bang away at those keys as to show how important and busy you are.
- Chug that first Jack and Coke and order another
- Be the guy that stares at everyone who walks by. Don’t forget to smirk
- Don’t forget to cross your legs so that you can show the economy passengers how much seat and leg room you have
- Sit in the economy section by mistake. When someone comes along and says you have their seat, show them your ticket and say “Oh yeah, I’m in first class” Don’t forget your 3rd glass of Jack and Coke that you brought with you.