There is another type of airline passenger that is even more annoying than the “first classer”. It’s the passenger next to you who doesn’t listen. If you pick an aisle seat you end up being their personal ambassador to the flight attendant. Here are a few of their trademark characteristics.
- Opens the tray table upon arriving at their seat.
- Also reclines their seat
- Keeps their phone active after several attempts by the flight attendant to switch to airplane mode.
- Uses noise-canceling headphones so they don’t hear the snack options and they have to be repeated
- Goes to the bathroom once the plane starts to land or begins takeoff.
- Reclines seat upon takeoff after flight attendant has sat down
- Opens tray table and returns to text messaging.
- Unbuckles seatbelt as soon as the plane’s wheels touch the runway.
It’s like they’ve never flown before. These are the type of people who will be asking how to inflate their life vest once you are swimming away from the fuselage.