While there are many national days than ever before, a double cheeseburger day is one that I can support. Double cheeseburgers are everywhere but so few can do them right. It’s not simply a matter of throwing double beef on the bun because you still need quality over quantity. The benefit of double cheeseburgers is the layering. It allows you to slip extra pieces of cheese and bacon in between the patties. It’s better than having one huge meat puck and cream toppings upon. So it’s important to have slender meat patties on which to build upon your masterpiece. Here is my go-to recipe…
- The Meat – 100% Grass-fed beef 85/15, not too lean, not too fatty, seasoned only with Salt and Pepper or with Weber Burger Seasoning
- The Cheese – Extra Sharp Cheddar, no question
- The Bacon – Uncured Hickory Smoked Bacon, cooked in the oven.
- The Sauce – I’ve been enjoying the Heinz Kansas City BBQ Sauce
- The Bun – Brioche buns because they aren’t as thick and taste a bit like cake. Toasted just before build
- Don’t waste any time on vegetables they only cause instability and slippage.
Pair this with a fresh batch of deep-fried tater tots and you have a meal I could eat every day for the rest of my life. No matter how much it shortens it.