It doesn’t have to be difficult. Well, it can be if you decide to scratch make your own biscuits from flour you’ve harvested and milk you’ve pulled from the cow. You can also raise your own pigs and grow your own herbs, invest in a meat grinder and create your own sausage. That’s pretty much how the description goes for any Food Network show that creates this dish. Not worth the effort. Here’s a quick fix.
- Cook as many Pillsbury Grand buttermilk biscuits as you desire
- A roll of Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage, brown it, don’t overcook it
- Cover the browned sausage with 1/4 cup of flour
- Pour in 2 cups of whole milk over the floury sausage
- Add some salt and pepper
- Let it get thick and bubbly
- Cut the biscuits in half and pour over the sausage gravy.
- Eat it
- Or you can put it all in a Vitamix blender with a bit of extra milk and have a Sausage Gravy Shake.