If you take baby Jesus out of the day 24 box, what do you do about the wise men? They don’t show up until Jesus was a toddler. Do you just keep the calendar out all year? I try to set my Advent Calendar up as follows.
- Stars first since they were created long before people
- Shepards and Animals since they own the joint
- The innkeeper, even though there was no Hilton Garden Inn’s back then.
- Joseph, since he was supposed to find a place
- Mary, since she has the baby
- Jesus, since he is the whole purpose of the Advent
- Wise men, since it took several months or maybe years to get there.